top of page
Criminal Defense

Do I need a lawyer’s help if I am accused of a crime?

- It is always in your best interest to speak with a criminal defense lawyer as early as possible in criminal proceedings, whether or not you believe you have been wrongfully accused. Your defense attorney will fight for your legal and constitutional rights in criminal proceedings.


What is the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor?

- Felonies are more serious crimes than misdemeanors. In Pennsylvania misdemeanors are crimes that are punishable by up to five years in jail, and felonies are crimes that are punishable for more than five years.


What should I do if I am arrested?

- If the police have arrested you, you should immediately call an attorney. You should not say anything to the police that would incriminate you. You should indicate to the police that you do not wish to speak to them until you have spoken with a criminal defense attorney. Under the law they will not be able to question you if you assert that right.


What is the difference between probation and parole?

- Probation is a type of criminal sentence that allows a person to stay in the community rather than serve time in prison as long as he or she complies with certain conditions. Parole is a supervised release after the serving of a prison sentence. Conditions of parole are normally similar to those of probation.


What if I am a juvenile charged with a crime?

- A juvenile is punished for criminal conduct in a separate juvenile court system. The juvenile system does not allow for jury trials or preliminary hearings. The philosophy in the juvenile system is more focused on rehabilitation.


How do you bill for your services?

- In criminal cases our firm charges flat fees based on the seriousness of the matter and the estimated time involved in the representation. We do not bill on an hourly rate basis in criminal matters. Payment plans are available in certain instances.

bottom of page