Do I have a case?
- Whether or not you have a case depends on who was at fault in your accident. If someone else was negligent and you were injured then you may have a case. We will give you a free initial consultation to answer that question and more.
How much is my case worth?
- The value of your case is determined by the liability, that is who was at fault, the injuries you suffered, the medical care you received and how long the medical care took, as well as how your injuries affected your personal life and ability to work. Every case is unique.
How long will my case take?
- Most personal injury cases take between a year and a year and a half from start to finish, especially if the case has to go all the way to trial. We will push your case forward to get your settlement or award as fast as possible.
How is my lawyer paid?
- There is never any fee to call us or discuss your case. We provide free initial consultations. If we do not get a settlement or an award for you, you do not pay anything. When we win your case our fee is a percentage of what your recovery is. Our customary fee is one-third of the settlement.
Do I have to pay anything up front?
- No. You do not pay anything unless and until we win your case. Our firm will pay all costs related to your case and you will not have to reimburse us for them unless and until we win your case, then they will be taken out of the final settlement as well as the one-third fee.
Who pays my medical bills?
- Medical bills for accident victims are submitted to and paid for by different insurance companies based on the type of accident involved. We will make sure that your bills go to the correct insurance company and will work with the appropriate insurance company to resolve any problems.
Will I have to testify in Court?
- Most personal injury cases are settled out of court. You will probably never have to testify in court but if you do, we will thoroughly prepare you for that event.
What doctor should I go to?
- You should go to your own regular family doctor or to a specialist recommended by your family doctor. If you were to switch doctors to one recommended by your lawyer, your case could be less credible. In certain cases such as worker’s compensation claims, you may be required to go to the insurance company’s doctor.
How do I decide which lawyer to hire?
- You should hire a lawyer for your personal injury case who is experienced and qualified. You should call and schedule a free initial consultation and speak with one of our lawyers so that you can feel comfortable that they have the experience that you require.